There are now four major education funding plans circulating: Gov. Inslee's proposal, the House-passed ESHB 1843, the Senate-passed SSB 5607, and SB 5825 (a proposal from Sen. Mullet).
In a new policy brief, we provide a side-by-side comparison of the four plans. Briefly:
- Four major education funding plans have been proposed to address the McCleary decision.
- Gov. Inslee’s proposal and the House-passed ESHB 1843 would stay broadly within current parameters.
- The Senate-passed SSB 5607 would overhaul the current system.
- SB 5825 would borrow from both the House- and Senate-passed bills.
- Legislators must agree on what to spend and how to fund that spending.